Sunday, May 4, 2008

Viewing Update

THE LOOKOUT: [dvd] This movie didn't quite work. I was interested in seeing it bcs i like Joseph Gordon Levitt, but i think he may be at the root of my problem with the movie. i don't want to give too much away, but i think his character is supposed to be more pathetic and handicapped then he was coming across. He came across as too cocky and arrogant and the story suffered because of it. It was a fairly interesting movie though. Jeff Daniels kicked ass as the blind roommate.**

30 ROCK: [tivo] Not my favorite episode ever, but not at all bad. Jack struggling with his demotion was great. I'm a little bit angry at Floyd. I don't know if I can be friends with him yet.***

THE OFFICE: [tivo] I kind of think Stanley deserves to be fired...and divorced. It was a solid episode, but not super-hilarious.**

THE RICHES: [tivo] Now that The Wire is over, this is THE BEST SHOW ON TV. It's too bad the writer's strike shortened the season though, bcs it definitely seemed rushed. The one thing i'm not buying at all is Dahlia's parole officer having the hots for her and i'd like to think they'd planned a little more character development there that we didn't get to see. Now i have to wait god know how long for the next season to start up. The good news is that it seems like Jared Harris will figure prominently in it [best Andy Warhol portrayal ever].****

Stacking Up...in a pile on the floor and in my tivo queue...Away From Her, 1 episode of Lost & Lars and the Real Girl.

No comments: