Sunday, June 29, 2008

What the...???


Last week i did the weirdest thing. I forgot how to get the key out of my door. i thought there was something wrong with the key and then i finally realized...after having the problem THREE TIMES...that it has to be horizontal i was trying to pull it out when it was vertical. Why i all of a sudden lost this memory that's always been second nature to me is completely beyond me. This didn't even happen when i first got the lock. Is my brain taking nothing for granted? Am i subconsciously craving change? Or just losing it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you multi tasking (or trying to)? That's when I start to forget the most basic things....

queenb said...

sadly, i was barely single-tasking.

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogger said...

The other day I put my key in the door, turned it, and opened the door while putting my keys back on my belt loop as I walked inside... Just like I always do. Well, later in the evening my friend Stu comes over and gets to my door and calls me. Stu says "Hey man, half your key is in the door." So, I go downstairs to let him in and sure as shit there is the other half of my key in the lock. I pull my key off my belt loop and look at it and think... I twisted my key so hard and broke it but didn't even notice it as I walked in the door. Oblivious.

queenb said...

yikes! you're oblivious and you have super-human strength. a dangerous combination!

Anonymous said...

I forget stuff like that all the time. The way to do the things you do every day sometimes fall out your ear. I find...